ONLINE Chicana and Chicano Studies Degree with Emphasis in Transnational Latino Perspectives at the University of New Mexico.
The program is ideal for full-time working individuals, community college students and undocumented students because of the standard tuition for resident and non-resident students. The cost per unit is $321.25 compared to the cost of $600-1000 for other flagship campuses in the U.S. Southwest.
Earn a Bachelor’s Degree in Chicana and Chicano Studies. The 36-unit degree completion program provides a comprehensive education in transnational and transborder studies unique to Chicana/o and Latina/o populations in the United States. Learn in a fully online academic environment with highly qualified multidisciplinary faculty. Access first-class facilities and collaborate with community partners. Gain analytical and cultural expertise with the Chicana and Chicano Studies Degree program.
36-unit/hour degree completion requirement:
CCS 109 Intro to Comparative Ethnic and Global Societies
CCS 201 Introduction to CCS
SPAN 202 Intermediate Spanish
CCS 310 Immigration and Assimilation
CCS 331 Transnational Feminisms
CCS 332 Introduction to Chicana Studies
CCS 364 Raza Genders and Sexualities
CCS 365 Chicana/o Cultural Studies
CCS 384 Community Based Learning in CCS
CCS 460 Latinos in a Global Society
CCS 480 New Approaches in CCS
CCS 490 Advanced Seminar in CCS
UNM CCS Online Degree Highlights:
• Affordability - Receive a flagship university education from a nationally accredited university at a lower cost than other flagship campuses including ASU, UC and UT campuses.
• Accessibility - Access a university education whether you are a full-time student at a community college, full-time working individual, caretaker of family members, or military services personnel
• Convenience - Complete coursework from any location with access to a computer and internet.
• Cultural Competency - Learn to engage with individuals who have complex and vibrant histories and cultures in the U.S.
• Convenient Scheduling - Complete the requirements for the major within 12-month or 24-month timeframe from any location and throughout the day, evening and weekend.
• Excellent and Committed Faculty- Work with highly trained faculty who are invested in the success of their students.
• Dynamic Learning Environment - Engage in innovative, multimedia educational activities
• Individualized Learning Opportunities - Receive individualized attention from Chicana and Chicano Studies faculty.
• Dual Enrollment - Enroll at UNM while attending a local community college or university campus