Chicana & Chicano Studies Promo Video
ONLINE Chicana and Chicano Studies Degree with Emphasis in Transnational Latino Perspectives at the University of New Mexico.
The program is ideal for full-time working individuals, community college students and undocumented students because of the standard tuition for resident and non-resident students. The cost per unit is $321.25 compared to the cost of $600-1000 for other flagship campuses in the U.S. Southwest.
Earn a Bachelor’s Degree in Chicana and Chicano Studies. The 36-unit degree completion program provides a comprehensive education in transnational and transborder studies unique to Chicana/o and Latina/o populations in the United States. Learn in a fully online academic environment with highly qualified multidisciplinary faculty. Access first-class facilities and collaborate with community partners. Gain analytical and cultural expertise with the Chicana and Chicano Studies Degree program.
36-unit/hour degree completion requirement
- CCS 109 Intro to Comparative Ethnic and Global Societies
- CCS 201 Introduction to CCS
- SPAN 202 Intermediate Spanish
- CCS 310 Immigration and Assimilation
- CCS 331 Transnational Feminisms
- CCS 332 Introduction to Chicana Studies
- CCS 364 Raza Genders and Sexualities
- CCS 365 Chicana/o Cultural Studies
- CCS 384 Community Based Learning in CCS
- CCS 460 Latinos in a Global Society
- CCS 480 New Approaches in CCS
- CCS 490 Advanced Seminar in CCS
UNM CCS Online Degree Highlights
- Affordability - Receive a flagship university education from a nationally accredited university at a lower cost than other flagship campuses including ASU, UC and UT campuses
- Accessibility - Access a university education whether you are a full-time student at a community college, full-time working individual, caretaker of family members, or military services personnel
- Convenience - Complete coursework from any location with access to a computer and internet
- Cultural Competency - Learn to engage with individuals who have complex and vibrant histories and cultures in the U.S.
- Convenient Scheduling - Complete the requirements for the major within 12-month or 24-month timeframe from any location and throughout the day, evening and weekend
- Excellent and Committed Faculty- Work with highly trained faculty who are invested in the success of their students.
- Dynamic Learning Environment - Engage in innovative, multimedia educational activities
- Individualized Learning Opportunities - Receive individualized attention from Chicana and Chicano Studies faculty
- Dual Enrollment - Enroll at UNM while attending a local community college or university campus